All interpreters are registered self employed and often work with multiple Language Service Providers and have vast amounts of knowledge and experience not only working in the public sector.
There are multiple qualifications interpreters can hold:
- Diploma in Public Service Intermeeting (DPSI) : Law / Health
- Diploma in Police Interpreting – DPI
- Diploma in Community Interpreting
- Masters in Translation
- Certificate in Translation – Level 6
- Diploma in Translation – Level 7
The Chartered Institute of Linguistics advertises available courses / qualifications with multiple providers.
WITS ensures all linguistics are vetted to a minimum of Enhanced DBS with higher levels of vetting pending the nature of the assignment.
Linguistics are often registered with the National Registered of Public Service Interpreter (NRPSI) and The National Register of Communication Professionals working with Deaf and Deafblind People (NRCPD).